Chemistry and Petrochemistry
Manager: Olga Voloshina
The department specialists have produced about 100 reports, devoted to the analysis of the current standing and the prospects of development of markets for various chemicals:
- heavy-chemicals industry (sulphuric acid, soda ash and caustic soda, chlorine);
- mineral fertilizers (potassium chloride, potash, phosphate fertilizers, ammonia, nitrogen fertilizers);
- products of organic synthesis (phthalic anhydrite, benzene, phenol);
- synthetic resins and plastics (PVC, polystyrene, polyethylene, polyethylene-terephthalate);
- polymer-processing products (PVC window sections, composite pipes, flooring, materials for manufacturing of advertising carriers, etc.);
- sorbents and catalysts (activated carbon, white carbon, industrial catalysts);
- coke-based products (pitch and pitch coke).
The Department has close professional ties with a number of well-known consulting companies, involved in studying of world markets for chemicals (Harriman Chemsult Ltd, Fertecon Ltd.).